It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-03-24

Note:

Not one person shined their brights in my face today on the walk in. I don't get it. Yesterday it was 8. Today it is zero. I was walking at about the same time. Two differences. Less traffic for an unknown reason. And, it was just a bit foggy. Not bad.

My ankle does not hurt, but I can feel it is stiff. This makes me worry that a gout attack is in my near future. It has felt like this for over a week. Has my body lost the ability to fix itself? Is it an accumulation thing that means it will always build up to an attack?

The G Gordon Liddy show had a guy on saying that the trouble in Syria was good for the U. S. because it keeps Iran busy. He touted this fact as a good reason to do nothing. Yup, that will fly with the American people.

The last couple days, I've been pulling old equipment and basically tossing it. We have a database to update and we pull bits out of the box. Yadda. We decided to hang on to some older boxes that are still basically still useful. They have the potential to be useful anyway. They are six years old and slow, but they have potential of holding several normal drives. Thus, they could be used as a simple file server. When is the last time anyone decided to keep a six year old box around to be a file server if needed?

One of these days, I want to video myself hauling carts full of crap around. I bet it is comedic to watch. I can't see worth a damn. I have horrible balance. And, on top of those, I don't pay much attention. Heck of a combination.

Tears weigh something.

I tried to download the Windows 8 consumer preview. They not only force you to download a program that insists on running on your windows machine to "Test compatibility", but it can't get through our filewall at work. My linux box at work is a Linux laptop. My machine at home is Linux, of course. I guess I'll have to pirate the free demo. Do you suppose some exec at Microsoft is proud of themselves? "Let's make it impossible for someone already not using our products to try out our products to find out if it is what they have been looking for all these years." <insert maniacal laughter> while sucking on a cigar.

The big bios came through and passed an edict that thou shall rearrange one of the labs. And it was so. Of course, everything that shook loose ended up in my office. I had about two office fulls go through my office in the last couple days. I'm the guy who gets rid of things. I'm also the guy who brings things in. Funny that. I am present for the birth and death of much of our equipment.

No comments: