It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-02-29

Notes:

There is a move to treat soldiers closer to the front for some injuries. This gets them back to the line faster. This action seems to please soldiers on the ground and their leaders. Everyone seems to just want to get back to the job and their buddies. Makes sense.

You can have your genes mapped in about 24 hours. It costs a grand. You have to be prepared to find out that you have some dreadful disease or that there is something wrong with you. The fifteen minuet sequence is on the way. Be prepared to have it required for insurance. Very soon, it may be needed just to go to a doctor.

We are adjusting our SPAM filters at work. We swing from "I lost emails." to "Can we do something with all this junk?" It takes a surprising amount of effort to make email usable. There are careers for people to figure this stuff out and stay a step ahead of the bad guys.

Republicans don't have a chance unless they run another minority against Obama. There are none that I'm aware of in the pipe.

I'm going to have to look in to full drive encryption for my home machines. I hear that law enforcement has trouble with drug traffickers who have learned this trick.

Nascar had two things going for it this year. There was a cool crash. The delay put the race in to prim time. With all the frigging people who follow Nascar, not every race of a season has a sponsor. I cannot believe that. I hate Nascar. "Drive fast. Turn left." I suppose that appeals to someone.

I've used Dell's web page for a long time. They have a pretty comprehensive method of delivering drivers. One problem we have with the tower machines is we put an OS on them that is not supported. You used to be able to install many of the drives on other platforms. They all have a check for proper OS now. Today, I got to look at the Samsung web page. They have a very similar system. It looks like they still support some old OS drivers even on their new machines. That is nuts. I did not expect that. Still no hint of Linux. You can't have it all I suppose.

No comments: