It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-02-08

Eyes

The eye doctor I use has a great bedside manner. He spends time with me and Nat and answers our questions. He is knowledgeable on current stuff and is willing to let me run out front with a prescription to look out a window just to make sure it is working for me before I spend money on contacts or glasses. I don't mind paying him a premium because he knows my situation and knows what to look for to head off any trouble I might run in to. I pay for the confidence.

The contacts he has put me in are great. I've had lousy contacts before. These are many times more comfortable. I want to order some. I want to order some from someone else. I just don't have the money for the appointments and the contacts, especially in the same month. I feel a bit bad. I wish I had their email so I didn't have to call them and ask for my prescription. I have my glasses prescription. I believe my contacts are a bit different. I may have to make six months worth of lenses last for a year. Or, at least, try.

Last night I ordered glasses. I used Zenni again. I cannot beat their prices. I didn't get bifocals this time. Drive out on the glasses was $17.90 I think. That is without any frills. The last glasses I got were no line bifocal and nice frames and only cost me something like $45.

Nat got a pare of glasses and we bought a pare of glasses for a friend. She is going through a divorce and having trouble getting anything she needs from hubby. They have been married for many years and they have kids. It is tragic. She is getting it together and learning to make things happen without her husband's input. It is just something that needs to happen.

Many years ago I remember bogeying our friend Tex a pare of glasses many many moons ago. He needed them. He had just given me a ride to the eye doctor and he asked if they had some glue for his broken frames. Considering he was my ride home as well, I thought it best to chuck a few bucks at his and my well being.

Glasses have been a huge part of my life. I still feel as comfortable waring glasses as if I am not. I'm glad I tried contacts at a younger age. My eye doctor told me that the hardest person to try contacts for the first time is a fifty plus year old man. Women have no problems typically at nearly any age. Men however, just loose it after fifty. I try to think why this is. The only thing I can come up with amount of control most men have in their lives up to that point. Now, they want to try contacts and they have to give up some control. It is not easy to try contacts when you have never stuck anything in your eye.

No comments: