It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-01-09

Notes:

Made it in to work just in time to miss the majority of the rain.

Helped a user this morning. She needed a piece of software installed. We have many of our systems set up so users cannot install on their own boxes. This is to nip virum in the bud and prevent spreading as much as possible. Not sure how effective this strategy is, but it does lower the calls to the help desk. People can't just install every little thing on the internet, any of which can cause problems with standard software.

Kodak is in trouble. It was once a giant. Now, it is falling below the level that stock exchanges will even run it on the big board. Kodak invented digital cameras. Talk about blowing an opportunity. There are 38,000 retirees. That is less than the number of employees. Retirement issues is a 2.5 billion liability for Kodak. I learned how to develop film in High School.

Lunch conversation: We had a new guy and a good lunch at a Mexican restaurant. It was fun if wet. We spoke of many things, but the subject stayed on Television and moves. I should have written down some of the names of shows that people said were good. Many went by that were bad. Some of the folks say they don't watch TV much any more. I'm with them. I just want to watch the frigging shows and get on with my life.

I listen to radio dramas online. Go to www.shoutcast.com and search for something like "old time radio". There are more if you keep looking. One funny thing that I come across occasionally is the redo scream. Many of these shows were done live and recorded just as things happened. The earlier ones particularly. I've not mastered the art of identifying who is screaming in these shows. There is some imagination required. I wonder if people from this era learned to identify who is uttering a scream.

No comments: