I got up just after noon. No time for coffee. I got started. I got ready to mow the yard for the first time this year. By the time I made it outside, the day had warmed. It felt fantastic.
Before doing anything that qualifies as lawn work, I started organizing my tool box. It is one of those tool boxes that is open at the top with many drawers. The top was loaded with fifteen years of left over screws and bits that looked useful and small enough to not throw away. I grabbed a couple of coffee cans off my shelves and filled them with these screws, nails, and fasciner. I did leave much of the clutter in the top of the tool box. It doesn't look like much of an improvement, but I can close the box when I will.
At this moment, I cleaned up the shelves a bit. While doing all of this, I thought that I was using my strength for achieving something that was not my real goal. That is, I was spending time straightening up a bit while I should have been mowing or fixing the seed whacker. Still, it all needed doing. No better time than the present.
The highlights of yard work.
- We had gotten gas.
- Filled up mower.
- Primed carborator.
- Started on the first pull. Started every single time on the first pull except when it was sitting on top of an ant hill.
- Didn't get a single ant bite. God watches over me. I have high boots and keep moving after hitting the mound. The ants are not the kind that hold a grudge.
- Tried to weed whack
- Dumped the old two stroke gas from weed whacker and the drop left in the 1 gallon can.
- Mixed new 2 stroke gas.
- Examined the air filter. Needs replacing.
- Looked for 45 minutes for my large spark plug socket.
- My mother had to baring over Elle later this fin day. She also brought me a spark plug socket.
- Gave up on weed whacking for today.
Later in the day, I was watching some YouTube videos. These are the kind of video that people make as a quick statement of existing. They call themselves vloggers. Some have themes. Some have formulas. Some, like mine, just are.
Just a bit before posting the mission log I had to back out a stripped screw from my door frame. I strung up a pull up bar in a door frame. One of the crap screws that came with the bar stripped out, even with a pre-drilled hole. Crap. My father gave me some self tapping screws a couple days ago. In all the cleanup efforts I found some more. The self tapping screws worked like a champ. I should have done that in the first place. One potential catastrophe is the door frame. It looks like it is not stuck together strongly enough to support one of these pull up bars. I worry I may have dome some damage. Great.
The Oscars are on this evening. Thank goodness for the internet. Off to post the log.