It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-11-05

Notes:

I tried to upgrade the video card in a Windows box at work. The system had an ATI card. I was trying to install an nVidia card. The issue I kept having was some old driver kept loading and blocking my upgrade. When I put the old ATI card back in, it comes up with the proper settings even though I removed all the obvious software. Unfortunately, the effort is going to have to wait for another day. I had some higher priority stuff come online. I want to learn how to make this happen anyway. It is just a matter of Googling it I'm sure.

Windows update blew a gasket on a system at work. The machine rebooted and said that something was not configured properly. The computer then spent an hour reverting the changes. I then rebooted the box. It said "installing update 32 of 128". This took another hour. What did I do after this? I ran Windows update again. It failed and reverted. I ran it again.

I did a bad thing. I went to lunch at Beck's Prime. I spent $10. I hadn't done that in a long time. Still, we cannot afford actions like that. Their food is not worth the money.

Time heals all wounds. Well, except what Spielberg's did with Star Wars. I get more and more pissed about this every year. Cocksucker.

No comments: