It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-09-15

Split the GOP

The following is from CNN via email. It is the most bias piece of news I have ever witnessed. I think that goes through my head every time I get an email from CNN. Not sure why I haven't canceled the automated service. It must be so I have something to complain about.

The Republican Party is split down the middle between tea party supporters and those who don't support the movement, a new CNN/ORC International poll suggests.
Forty-nine percent of Republicans and independents who lean Republican say they support the tea party movement or are active members; 51% say that they have no feelings one way or another about the movement or that they oppose it.
Demographically, tea party Republicans are more likely to be male, older and college-educated; non-tea party Republicans are younger, less-educated, women and less likely to say they are born-again Christians or evangelicals.
On many issues, the two wings of the GOP are in accord, but they aren't in agreement on issues such as the deficit, global warming, evolution, abortion, same-sex marriage, the Federal Reserve, the Department of Education or Social Security.
CNN Headline News email

Nitpicks:

  • 51% have no feelings or oppose the Tea Party? Is it 49% no feelings and 2% opposed or the other way round? Did you notice my bias there?
  • They don't capitalize "Tea Party" in may cases. This may make some people think it is not for real.
  • By using the term "the two wings of the GOP" CNN is presenting a picture of a split in the Republican party already.
  • By spouting a long list of issues and saying "such as" in front of it, CNN makes it sound like no two Republicans feel the same on any issue ever.

I can't help but think that the best thing that could happen is a split in the Republican party. I want religion on one side and politics on the other. I'll join the politics side. I say it should be called the Conservative Party, or the Stop Waisting My Money Party. This party should be pro choice, pro stay out of my bedroom (meaning letting any one human over 18 "marry" any other human over 18), pro business, pro people must be held responsible for their own actions, pro the U. S. is for U. S. citizens (all others must apply and go through the system) and pro the U. S. A. is number one and always will be. The party would win some Democrats as well.

Issue Stance
Tea Party Pro. I support organized peaceful resistance to tyranny.
The Deficit Against
Global Warming When very rich people stop getting more rich off it, I might start believing it.
Evolution Pro. I believe God could have done it this way.
Abortion Pro. I'm pro life. People should have a chance to grow up and make their own decisions, but I believe abortion should be aloud. I won't get one. Clear as mud?
Capital Punishment Pro. Once people have had their Chance, if they screw up, they should be removed.
Same-Sex marriage I believe government should not recognize any matrimony. It should be a religions thing.
The Federal Reserve If the FED were responsible to the citizens of the U. S. I would not have a problem with it.
Department of Education I haven't had time to love or hate this topic yet. Get back to you.
Social Security Safety nets are great, but paying people to sit on their ass is something else. We need at least a rebalance on this topic.
Foreign Aid It is time for the era of U. S. foreign aid to close the final chapter.

All the opinions expressed here are subject to change based on whatever whim I stumble over in my lazy, daydream fueled stupor we call life. Don't worry. No one is going to take me seriously because I can't spell.

No comments: