It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-09-01

New light follow up

Last night I went to charge my new batteries for the first time. I tried to charge just the one battery. The lights wouldn't come on properly. I ended up hooking up both batteries and charging them. It turns out the batteries must be put in the charger before plugging it in. Then when the charger is plugged in the lights seem to act properly. Next time I'll try it with just one battery.

The difference between the fresh and expended charge was obvious. The medium setting is much brighter on the fresh battery. Even with all the playing around the battery lasted several days.

I'm using the tactical ring. That is the little plastic spur do-hickey that helps you grab the light and prevents it from rolling around under its own weight. As I walk across streets, I aim the light pretty much straight down at my waist and let my arm swing back and forth as I walk. This makes me highly visible as far as I can tell. It seems to work well even though this light has no bright single spot like many other lights. It is just so bright that it makes up for it.

The holster works well too. I approve of its design. It is simple and functional. It is also light and durable. The construction feel good. The light fits well even with the ring and lanyard fitted. It do4doesn't get in the way any more than my pocket knife. Now, comes the long term test. There are replacements at some Academe stores. The replacements are not of nearly as good design. They have metal belt clips and are hard and heavy. Maybe there is a better design online. The light does not do well in the pocket because the edges are just too edged.

Tags: Klarus xt10 Trustfire Lithium Ion batteries and charger

No comments: