It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-13

Moons

There is a hypothesis going round that Earth may have had two moons at some point. They collided and gave us one large moon. Some scientists with nothing better to do ran a bunch of simulations and crunched a bunch of numbers. I can't help but wonder what else they could have expended their efforts on. Still, this news sends visions of much closer moons to Earth rising and falling by the hour. I dream of weekly eclipses and occasional alignments. For some reason I picture this world as more peaceful.

If two moons why not three? Who can hate on a planet with three moons?

What would the tides be like?

Without predictable tides, no with unpredictable ties for these first several centuries of early adventuring and exploration, people would have not traveled over seas as easily. Storms would have been more or possibly less fierce. How this would have affected people and their societal development is beyond my ponder.

What poems would be written for the three moons?

The beggars three roaming the night.
Prey for rain to hide their sight.

One then the other will blot the sun.
Try neither to hide nor run.

What would different civilizations and tribes call the three moons?

Loonus, Conis and Masis.

Why is this distracting me so strongly?

This distracts me because it is a fresh thought in my head. I like the way it tickles.

No comments: