It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-03

The house

We have ants. Have exterminator coming tomorrow. $109 for the visits. I'm worried they won't do the place with the mess. Tomorrow will tell. I spray the weep holes and the parameter of the house. I also spray the cabinets. Not sure what else to do. Maybe we can figure out how they are getting in.

We also have the AC people coming out to check on the AC. We haven't touched it since we moved in. it needs a checkup at least. I really hope there is nothing wrong with it.

We need to start looking at getting the floor in the living room replaced. I do not want carpet. I want some kind of tile or fake wood that will last 500 years and look fresh as a daisy the whole time. The fence could use some mending as well, possible replacing. The back wall needs looking after since the hurricane several years ago. What else? Landscaping. Several walls could use a coat of paint. The outside wouldn't duck if some paint was thrown at it. We could just keep spending money if it came down to it.

Nat has already mentioned the idea of a larger place. I feel it necessary to tell her that it isn't the size of the place, it is the amount of crap in it. She is only half buying that idea. The house is getting better. It takes a great deal of effort.

The car is starting to show her age. Ah, life is expensive. If only I were one of those handy guys who can do this crap without getting raked over the coals by contractors.

No comments: