It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-22

Good story

I listened to a short story about a couple thieves who use the cover of a poisonous fog to steel something valuable. People preparer for the fog by boarding up the windows and making sure they have the ships loaded and ready to sail as soon as the fog lifts. Some spend the fog in their homes, some the tavern, some church. These two spend it thieving.

This story is set in about the seventeen hundreds or so. It has set me off on a fantasy of the same thing happening in modern day. How would our world have been different with a regular disaster happening like this? I imagine no electricity, high perches and walky talkys. How would we organize against the invader? What weapons would we have to stop them. I'm thinking domes for defense for example.

Surely this is a sign of a good story and idea. I would link to it if I could remember which podcast I heard it on.

No comments: