It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-08-03

The blog

The blog is turning in to a data dump. I didn't mean for this to happen. I jot down notes here. I put up messages on social media sites. I post things here so I can reference them elsewhere. The bad thing is I have no idea where this is going to lead. Will I stop blogging at some point? Will I bail on these annoying social media sites? Only time will tell.

The other places where I put up information are designed for very short output. They are designed for a little bit of information in a pre formatted design. They are popular because they make it easy for people to fall across your information. They are designed to keep things short because who the hell is going to read a long blog entry? No one wants the details it seems. People seem to want to know who is banging who and where the party is today.

You cannot put tables on g+. If you could, it would beat Blogger in my opinion. I use tables to present my data. This is going away. Not one of the new blog platforms let you use tables unless you have their software (page layout really) installed. I don't think any of them have software for Linux. I'm thinking of WordPress. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This blog is written in HTML. That is, I write the HTML and paste it in to the box. All the formatting inside the posts is mine. Bold, tables, color, whatever, that is all me. The layout of the page and links down the right hand side of the page are handled by Blogger. I like this. It gives me freedom to emphasize and present as I please and still keep things organized.

Twitter has zero formatting. Tumblr allowed quite a bit, but I couldn't figure out tables. Facebook is just stupid. Google Plus allows good organization, but you can only put up specific designed posts and still, no tables. They are not designed for blogging. They are designed for those really short status updates. I need a full blog interface I suppose.

No comments: