It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-07-23

Notes:

On the way in this morning I noticed five guys in hard hats standing in the middle of a field talking. I assume they were surveying. There were no vehicles nearby and no survey flags that I could see. Do survey crews have to ware hard hats?

I paid up the phones last night for the first time. We are on month to month. This has a couple of good things. If we need to drop out bill by a bit, we can. If we need to drop the phones we can. It also means we pay sales tax on the bill which is 8.25% or so and not the 35% or so that is on land lines and normal mobile phones. I suppose this is because you are buying a defined product on the spot. There is no guarantee you will buy it. You just have to by the end of your cycle or no phone. Love it.

The shuttle has landed for the last time. It is the end of an era. Someone tweeted "Have you lived in a world without a shuttle before?" This is a pretty telling tweet because the first one went up in the early eighties. I was in grade school or middle school. Was it 1979? I don't remember. Most of my life we have had a shuttle at least out there. What will come along next?

A nation founded on freedom will fall on the day her people freely choose tyranny over responsibility.

Today was a funny day for rain. From my sixth floor perch, I noticed a couple rain clouds off in the distance. It was more a broken assault than a front. These are the kinds of storms we normally get in summer. It is a good sign. Hopefully the patter will continue. I would not doubt that patter is more than half the average rain fall of the year. We are far too far behind.

This afternoon was difficult. I had a hard time concentrating. I do not know why, but I was sleepy. It was a combination of the weather affecting my sinuses, Friday afternoon, and poor sleep this past week. I managed.

No comments: