It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-05-09

Read your prompts

Had to hook up a huge photo printer. This one is 11x17. It has all kinds of panels and plastic bits that roll around and make a mess of the order of operations for making a simple print. The user and I put in the print head. Put in the ink cartridges. We went to print a test page and it ate the paper. The left side of the paper was hitting something and not feeding properly.

I made sure all the orange tape had been removed. I shined a flashlight in the printer to look for a piece of packing foam that may have gotten lodged somewhere and caused paper to bunch up. I broke open the manual and started reading.

Someone walked by and said "You have the paper on the wrong side."

"What?" asks I. Sure enough, they pointed out that the paper feeds on the right side of the printer. A quick glance of the front of the box verifies that indeed, the paper sits on the right side of the divider, not the left.

Glad they came by. Wonder how long I would have been standing there contemplating the quantum entanglement of paper and ink. Only to find the answer in something so simple.

It is working now. I'm calling it a win.

No comments: