It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-05-13

Notes:

Today was one of those days where, at lunch time, I stopped for a moment and asked myself if that was possible. The day was frigging busy that nothing I did all day seemed to go right or get fixed. It was one of "those days" all round.

Some of the folks were talking about jury duty today at lunch. Someone mentioned the trial they were on. Someone else mentioned the times they got chosen or stricken. yet others said they would like to have no job and be able to just do jury duty. They won't pick lawyers.

Nat went to belly dancing class last night. She said she had a hard time following directions and keeping up. It sounded to me like had a difficult day and needed to eat something and get some rest before heading straight over after taking care of her mom. Still, sounds like good fun exorcise. She joins several friends who are in the same class. It sounds like something that will help her get out of the house and get up and moving. We could all use that.

I had to set up a new XP system today. It is just damn ridiculous how many updates have to be performed on those systems. If I were in charge, you would one stop clicking. All the updates would be downloaded in on shot to bring the system up to day. They would then be installed and the machine rebooted as many times as it took. By the time all was finished, the machine would be ready to use. Meanwhile you could go get a sandwich and not have to babysit a bunch of ULA statements that you are not going to read anyway. Alas, I am but the IT guy. No one cares if I have a better idea.

No comments: