It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-05-16

My morning

I want to complain about something related to work. I don't want it to reflect on my current employer. This sort of thing happens everywhere. It all boils down to a break in communication.

I set up new user computers. I put them in the office where they go. I help people move when they need it. I help set up after crashes. You know, every day IT stuff. I did plenty of it today. Simply put, I moved a computer three times in the last couple work days.

The computer was supposed to go in Office A. I waited until the day before the person showed up and sure enough it goes in office B. I put it there. Come day one of the new employee, bright and early, the email comes out of HR that says "Please welcome New Guy. He is in office C." I run down to office C. It has "New Guy" on the door and the wrong network connections. I move the two computers and run a cable across five offices. Install a switch and make the correct connection happen. It is hooked up and ready to go in record time.

The big boss walks in with the new guy saying he wants it in office A. Should have been down there from day one.

Yup. You betcha boss. I will blog about it.

No comments: