It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-05-09

Dead email

Walked in this morning and the email server was dead. Nothing at our company will get me more phone calls than a dead email server. The sales people freak. The support people freak. Management people freak. The engineers rejoice. Some of the engineers are in support, management and sales and don't know how to act. I don't hear from them much.

What was the problem. A drive filled up. I need to make time to run a backup of some important data every week instead of every other week. Sounds easy. I don't have time to automate the issue. So, I'll spend ten times as much time doing it manually. To be honest, I have no idea how to automate the backup. I'm not even sure where to start looking. I'll figure it out eventually.

No comments: