It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-04-30

Social media

Facebook is all about advertising. Anyone who doesn't think so is trying to pick your pocket. They listen to what you say and your conversations. They sell this to advertisers. Don't let them lie to you. Facebook has all kinds of rules about what you can or can't say or support. If Facebook doesn't believe that a cause is Facebook compatible, it will deny it. There are something like 600,000,000 people on the service.

Facebook blocs some file sharing sites even though the content you are linking to may be completely legal. There is legal and illegal material on file sharing sites. Whether torrent or a file parking service, they are just a tool. Blocking content from any of these sites is like turning up the roads so people can't drive stolen cars down them.

No one calls. No one texts. If it were not for Facebook and Twitter, I would have no friends I stay in touch with outside of work. This is the most sad thing I can think of. It is true.

When I make a video I put it up on Facebook and Twitter. I also put it on the blog. I like the blog platform as a publisher of content because I can put up all kinds of details and links. I can embed the video and put up little applications to emphasize my point. Twitter is great for forcing people to get to the frigging point. Facebook just is. I still have not figured out what the point is besides selling advertisement and duping people in to paying money for virtual property that vanishes when the company folds.

No comments: