It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-04-23

Drool

Canon ELPH 100

Not too bad for $200. Could be much better. Then, who would buy their higher end cameras?

If the need were to rise today to replace my existing camera, I would seriously consider this camera.

Pros

  • 1080p (24fps)
  • Slow motion mode. How awesome is that?!?
  • Same SD cards
  • Same wide angle as my current camera
  • Night shot settings

Coins

  • 4G limit on file size
    • < 15min at 1080p
    • < 24min at 720p
  • Only 24fps on HD. That is annoying.
  • Still only does digital zoom in movie mode.
  • Mono sound
  • No exterior sound input
  • Makes huge files

I'm sure there are good and bad I'm missing. I like the picture quality of my Canon 940. The sound quality is not bad. The lack of exterior sound input is annoying, but understandable given this is a pocket camera. Stereo would be very nice.

The couple of poor ratings online were things like "It doesn't come with a memory card." Which, is clearly stated in the copy. Other gripes are "The flash is too strong." That can be overcome with settings if it is like my 940. Every Canon camera over exposes. Not sure why they come set like that. I forget the other one. It didn't seem important enough to remember.

No comments: