It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-03-28

Text messaging

Something that really ticks me off, I had to reboot my phone today to send a text message. I had a couple conversations via text messaging this morning. Then, suddenly, it won't send a message. I suppose it was not receiving messages either. This is beyond annoying. This is just plane wrong. Work or don't work. Is it the phone or the network? I suppose rebooting your phone causes a new network node to join the network. If it had stropped you before, it might pick you up and drop someone else.

What gets me is the ease of text messaging. The network sends a packet to every phone on the network every so often. The phones respond back. This is a carrier signal that is needed for all real communications. This is also the signal that text messages are carried on. If this signal goes down, the entire network is at risk of just plane failing.

I am not the kind of person who believes in conspiracy theories (stop laughing!). Is this being done on purpose in order to force more people to use more expensive methods of communicating? I bet every single phone executive would give their right arm to go back in time and prevent the first phone company that did it to provide text messaging. "Are you nuts!?" It takes five minutes to say one line of text. Young people will end up preferring text messaging because they hate talking to people.

I prefer text messaging over talking to people. I have poor social skills. I blame too much TV and computers as a kid. Wait, did I say that out loud? It is too late now, so don't get any ideas.

No comments: