It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-03-14

DST day 1

I got up this morning. The family is off visiting grandma, so I was alone except for the cats. The house was extra dark and extra empty. While stumbling around looking for cloths and trying to make it out the door, I noticed my balance has gone again. I stumbled out the door and walked to the bus stop. The whole way the weather threatened, but never broke.

As I walked up to the bus stop and sat down to surf the net for a moment, I looked around. It is funny how sometimes everything just looks ridiculous. That was one of those moments. The lightning flashed. The headlights and street lights paled. The air smelled like rain. People shot by in cars. How many of them stopped to smell the air?

The internet was dead on my phone. Every time it rains our 3G goes out. Frigging T-Mobile sucks. I had to text my discontent to the universe, AKA Twitter. I get the little icon for 3G on my phone, but it doesn't work. I hate that more than I can put in words. As soon as I got in range of another tour, it came back up.

I don't remember getting off the bus and coming up to my office. I do remember someone tackling me in the hall with an issue. As I sat in my desk chair to log in to the computer and start my day I glanced out the window. It was darker than Friday. Between the rain and the time change, it looked very gloomy. Not the best way to start the week.

I texted around after a while and asked people what they thought of DST in general. It turns out the younger you are the more you like the idea. I must be getting old. Well, I've always been old, so I'm told. I hate DST. It is too disruptive. There a re some studies talking about how badly people react to the change in time. Male suicide rates go up. People with bad sleep schedules get even worse sleep. I can't seem to stop blogging about it and complaining. It is a mess.

The fact that I was in a sleep deprived stupor helped the morning go by faster. That works out well until tomorrow. Then it is right back to long and cluttered.

No comments: