It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-03-01

The big IT manager in the sky

One of my big gripes as an IT professional is people who are not willing to learn how to help themselves. I document and document and no one reads it. No one pays attention. They all want to play in the sunshine and get laid. No one wants to maintain their email inbox or learn how to fix the wifi network when they can't get an IP address. They complain when things go wrong and I try to figure out how to fix one thing so it does not break other things.

This makes me think of God. I'm not saying I'm god. It just reminds me of the structure of IT.

  • People know they need us, but they don't know why until they really need us.
  • No one wants to hang out with us until they want something from us.
  • We are never cool.
  • No one understands what we do or how we work.
  • We keep things working every day, but no one realizes it.
  • We receive no praise and tons of blame.

How many IT professionals does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer "E12, E14 or E27?"

No comments: