It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-03-23

AT&T is buying T-Mobile

I've griped about this already. I am pissed that T-Mobile, the carrier that I use, is being snapped up by AT&T. Thank goodness our contract is up soon. I intended on going month to month regardless. I've been looking at the new offerings from Virgin Mobile. They are cheap, but I hear the service is mediocre.

Someone asked if this purchase means T-Mobile users will get to iPhone. If it is anything like the last couple mergers involving AT&T and other companies that became AT&T. It might not go through, but they would be holding pres conferences if they were worried about it. Dates are after the dotted line is signed.

  • There will be no T-Mobile in a year or a year and a half.
  • All contracts current with T-Mobile will not be honored past some date.
  • T-Mobile customer service will vanish in nine or ten months. At first you will have long waits. Then you will be directed to some AT&T Wireless number.
  • T-Mobile coverage will get very spotty at about the same time AT&T's network seems to improve a bit.

The idea is to get the heck away from T-Mobile before the end arrives. Start looking for your next carrier. I've been running from AT&T since they were Houston Cellular. It pisses me off that they are charging for every little bit of data. They pissed me off years ago with their "Pay off your entire contract if you want to break it." practice that it took legislation to stop. I have DSL through AT&T and hate it. They are the only game in my town at the moment. The minute I find some competition, I'm bailing on that too.

Nat wants to keep her phone number. I've heard this is not very difficult. If it is easy and free, I wouldn't mind keeping mine just to elevate the need to change it everywhere. I'm going to have to learn how to do this. I really hope it is just a tick on the form.

No comments: