It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-02-13

Shelf trouble

Putting the shelves together was a snap. With these shelves, you don't need any tools. You screw a couple rods together and snap a few plastic bits together. The balancing act to get the first shelf started is not nearly as much a pain in the ass as the other shelves I've done several sets of. There are still a couple sets to put together. They should be fun at this rate.

There was this little vertical line down one of the tracks. It was a zero length clip. I'm not sore how it was created, but it was nearly impossible to get rid of. I had to open and close the program to get it to show up in a way I could get rid of it. This took about half an hour to figure out.

This was also related to a ghost clip that would not go away. At some point, I removed a clip from the time line and the rest of the project acted like it was still there. I couldn't move clips around the way I wanted and things were aching strangely.

It turns out you can't make a transition across a bunch of grouped clip. Thus, I had to learn how to set guides and rip those guides to a separate external clip. Then, add the clip and use it as my picture in picture clip. Lesson learned.

By the time I figured out how to make it work I was running so late that I didn't care much for making the length of the two clips match. I basically just gave up and stuck one to the other. Then, hit rip. I tried using webm for this project. The final is webm, but the intermediate clip had to be mp4. Not sure why, but the process ate all the memory of my computer and ground it to a halt. The final rip did no such thing. I bet it is just the speed setting that is throwing off the webm rip software. Not sure.

Glad it is done. Can't wait for the next one.

No comments: