It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-02-04

Day

Nothing to say today. Every time I try to stop and jot down a note, I get sidetracked. It wasn't like I had people knocking my door down either. I left way too many things undone. I hate dates that feel unproductive.

To show what kind of day it was, here is an interesting bit of information. 34 out of 86 people at work today. That is a snapshot taken well after lunch. I spent most of my day setting up an XP machine. Again I rant about how much effect it takes to set up an XP box. I had to boot it under Ubuntu just to get the names of the devices that needed drivers. Pretty soon, there will be no drivers for these systems any more.

It wasn't easy to get in this morning. The curbs had ice on them so I had to avoid them. Most of the concrete in contact with the ground was fine. The exception was the parking lot across the street that always has thin layers of standing water. This is just asking to be turned in to a skating rink.

We did get a free lunch out of it. At least the heat was running. We got some snacks too. There was a little company get together over the Super Bowl hype. It was still fun. Less than half the company was there, but it appears the sports lovers made a good showing.

No comments: