It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-02-08

Camera

I keep looking at video cameras. I have adequate video cameras. The only thing that I do not have access to is an HD camera that will shot videos longer than about 50 minutes.

Requirements

Wide angle lens. I hate the external lens I got for the Flip. It is like a turd in the punch bowl. It is also blurry around the edges. Most of the cameras out there have a 35mm equivalent viewing angle. The camera I have, a Canon 940IS has a 28mm equivalent lens. Lower is wider. The GoPro Hero has a wide angle lens, but it has too many drawbacks.

Shooting time is a must. If I do get another camera any time soon, it will have an unlimited shooting time. I want to place it somewhere just shooting and come back in a couple hours and find out what I did or did not capture.

Audio that doesn't suck. I really like the GoPro cameras except the audio makes everything sound like it is sitting in the bottom of a toilet. Stereo would be nice. An external mic jack would be even better.

Other stuff

  • Small.
  • Good battery life.
  • Water proof.
  • Shock proof.
  • Fits in a pocket.
  • Maybe if it didn't look like a camera.
  • Low light would be nice.
  • Multiple mounting options.

Something I don't seem to give a rat's ass about is still picture quality.

Conclusion

You know, if it had better audio, I would be talking about the GoPro Hero. The audio kills it. It is a bit high priced. The GoPro cameras are worth it for all the go and do stuff types.

I need to get more and better use out of the cameras I have. There is nothing stopping me from getting more our of them than I am at the moment. I'm thinking I will start with "more" and then work on the "better".

No comments: