It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-02-04

Annoying alerts

My work does this thing where they send out text messages every two hours to tell us whether or not to go in to work. Today is a horrible frozen rain kind of days. We get a text message at 07:00 telling us that the we are closed until 10:00. We will get another text at 09:00 for points after that.

First of all, I don't get the text messages. I tried telling them this yesterday because they sent out a test text. "Your number and phone company are on the list." No text messages. So I have to call someone. Bah!

That is nothing compared to the idea that I have to sit here ready at a moment's notice to head in to work and get half a day's work done. All I want to do is go back to bed and curl up under a pile of blankets.

They just reported that a lady gave birth in an ambulance after getting in to a wreck on the way to the hospital. Glad all are well. They can't get Life Flight in the air.

Flights are canaled all over the place. Nearly every freeway is closed in some place or other. The Galleria area looks creepy because the freeways are empty.

I'm craving donuts. No venturing out. Nothing resembling breakfast food in the house. I'm off to make something to eat and coffee. More to come, I'm sure. I'll just take vacation. It will crack my 4 wees, but what is it for if not for days like these.

No comments: