It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-20

Yoville

Yoville started working on my 64 bit Ubuntu Linux box. I don't know where to go from here. Is this a good thing or not? I mean, I like the fact that I don't have to jump through fifteen hoops to get a Flash game to work, but I am a bit upset because I don't have to jump through fifteen hoops to get some worthless time waisting Flash game to work. I rather enjoyed not playing this game.

I was cornered in to playing it by Nat. She wanted me to help her do something. She has since moved on to other time and money waisting games. I don't want to get in to what I think of this issue. The developers are just thieves in my opinion, taking advantage of people by making the games addictive and getting people to peer pressure their friends in to getting involved.

So, did Yoville fix something or did Flash start working better under Chromium on Ubuntu? This is 64 bit for goodness sake.

Until now, I had to use Wine to install the Windows version of Firefox. Then get the Flash plugin to work under that setup. Then and only then would Yoville start to work. This worked for a couple of different games. Sound never worked properly this way. It would work for a minute and then crap out. I hated the sound in Yoville anyway. Still, it was useful in some other situations.

I'm afraid to go looking for other Flash games or programs that didn't work before. What if they all work? I will not be an outcast any more. I'll be <gasp> NORMAL!! We can't have that.

No comments: