It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-02

So, it's 03:19

It is 3 AM and I cannot sleep. I have completely lost my ability to keep time without a clock. These things happen on vacation. It is just about time to go back to work. This is a good thing. I have a shit ton of work to do when I get back. It is extra nice taking a vacation when every one else is off. This usually means they didn't just pile up work for you to do when you get back. I've received emails telling me of new systems that have come in. This means I have a pile of new computers waiting for me.

The first thing I get to do when I walk in the door is hook up a new person's computer. I couldn't do it already because the guy who was sitting in the office space had not yet left.

There is a funny side note about this task. All week, I would stop and think, there was something I needed to do right when I walked in the door. What was it?

This would ware on my mind for a bit and I would eventually remember that it was setting up a new computer for the new person. I would then think, Oh, ya that's it. I would not write anything down or send myself an email reminder. Why? Well, because I had remembered the task. Surely I would not forget. At least that is what I would tell myself subconsciously. This happened fifteen times over the course of the week. It will probably happen again when I walk in the door Monday, bleary eyed and ready to pound sand for another year.

So, is the guy who could not remember what was to be done to be called Forgetful Kelly. Or, is the guy who thought he would remember to be called Forgetful Kelly? I think they are both to be refereed to as Dumbass Kelly for the time being.

Oh, I guess I should send myself an email Hugh?

No comments: