It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-01

REI and Academe

We went by REI. Every one has Christmas gift cards for REI. They were burning holes in our pockets. Elle made out like a bandit getting some shoes. I got a carabiner that works well for my keys. It is heavy duty and large enough, but not too much so. My mother got a snazzy flashlight.

Then we hit Academe. It is just down the same shopping strip mall. I looked and sure enough they did not carry any carabiner type devices half as good as the one from REI. They had the typical crappy ones, though for much less money. They did have a choice of belt mounted flashlight holsters. I resisted.

They also have lanterns. There are a couple that have the CFL light bulbs and last like six hours. That is all well and good, but those lights are a pain and don't put up with any punishment. I like the LED lamps they had, but the lumens seemed low on those models. I want a bright as a car light kind of lantern that runs cool, is compact, rechargeable and weather/water proof. Not too much to ask dammit.

My father was not impressed with the assortment of pink firearms available. It just didn't seem right. If there is a market, someone will fill it.

Fun afternoon.

No comments: