It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-01-06

Notes:

Facebook is valued more than Boeing. Facebook will go public later this year so I hear. There was some number mentioned that sound like fifty billion dollars, U. S.. This is something like $100 per user. I'm calling bullshit on this one because I have not gotten $1 out of Facebook. If Facebook went belly up tomorrow, I would not miss it. I would welcome it.

Five thousand hours of Oprah re runs. No wonder she is opening up a new cable TV channel.

There is a movement afoot in the media to get people to think about housing as a consumable instead of an investment. This is a plot to get people used to moving around to follow the jobs.

We need to start reminding the world of the dark side of Christmas. The imps that will come take bad children away to work in the mines, or sink you to the bottom of the dark pool at the center of a dark enchanted forest where no one will ever find you.

There will soon be a big button on your remote that has the name of a company that you can hit and rent an on demand movie over the internet. It cracks me up how many people I know who are thinking about giving up cable all together for online rentals.

Handling a call where a customer talks to a human may cost between $6 and $30. A call handled by a robot costs between $0.05 and $0.25. They are trying to make the robots friendlier. It isn't really working. The concept of solving your problems by calling someone is on the way out. People expect to fix things via the web or an app now.

One of the podcasts went over all the political people who died last year. It was kind of scary listening to the list. It was impressive. It sounds like that generation from the sixties who grew up protesting is starting to dye off.

China has a choke hold on the rest of the world by supplying cheap labor and raw materials. They have driven many others out of business. This action is coming home to roost. Soon, the rest of the world is starting to get back online. However, an iPhone might cost $900 in two or three years based on these changes.

I've never watched a single episode of Jersey Shore. I hope I never do.

Someone brought this gigantic fruit muffin thing to work, sans label. It sat there most of the day on the counter in the lunch room. I survived lunch, but gave up the ghost when I didn't have change for the candy shelf at about 15:30. Once the first person was brave enough to slice the otherwise unidentifiable lump of brown matter, it went quickly.

No comments: