It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-12-27

ZI8

I heard from one vlogger that she had great difficulty getting the audio from a Kodak ZI8 to work in her video editors. I have been eying the ZI8 so I wanted to try out the video format in raw form before taking the chance. I hunted for a couple minutes and found this site. They had some links to a few raw videos. Nice job guys. This proves yet again that you can find just about anything on the internet if you look hard enough.

Shouldn't this be a standard feature on digital video camera and phone reviews? I mean, aren't you going to have to figure out what to do with those files once you shoot them? If you love all the great features of a video camera, but can't do anything with the fails once you have them, what is the point?

All I needed was to know if the video moved properly and the audio came up at all. It did. I'm glad. This camera is still on my list of possible camcorders.

If the best-quality footage and shooting options galore are your main needs in an HD pocket camcorder, the ZI8 gets a glowing recommendation. However, I did experience some key usability issues, even if its video quality blows the competition out of the water.
PCWorld

2 comments:

obiwanchunn said...

Be careful, I just bought my niece a ZX3 camera and it uses the dreaded *.mov format that is Apple proprietary. I had to buy Quicktime Pro just to convert the files to usable *.avi.

zhsy00001 said...

I'm learning a lot about this stuff. MOV MP4 and AVI are containers. You can go from one container to the other without re-ripping the contents if you figure out how. I've already tested video that came off a Zi8 and a ZX3 and they work just fine in KDENLive. It all depends on the software you are using. Try a program called VobSub for Windows.

Oh, and if you are just in a giving mood, I'll take a ZX3. I'll even say think you.