It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-12-15

Shooting video at work

I shot a video of the company taking the company picture yesterday. We used to do this in a closet sized conference room. We had as many tears of people standing, but had much less room to fit every one. The company now has a larger space and <got organized>. The picture taking went without much of a hitch. Adam and Laurie's little girl whom I only know as CC stole the show. No, I didn't get her on video. Dang it.

Once I got home yesterday, I managed to copy the files to my hard drive and watch them mostly through to get an idea of what I had captured. The Flip camera took 25.13 minutes of video. It was aimed at the bleachers from the side. CC walked right behind it at one point. So, I missed that. The audio really sucks for some reason. I think sitting the camera on the floor caused the carpet to absorb the sound.

The canon was in my hand most of the time, but I only shot a couple little shots as things were going on. I didn't want to accidentally let the camera turn up in one of the pictures. The audio, though mono instead of stereo, seemed to do much better on this camera. I bet it is only because the camera was at about chest height or higher while recording.

Honestly, I don't think there is much worth editing. I can't put the video on YouTube without the company's permission. I don't think it is worth putting up regardless. I'll have to play with it and find what steps out of the clips. I'll need to jack up the audio a bit on the Flip footage.

The new tripod worked like a champ. Thanks Nat. It was an early Christmas present. Next time I'll know to keep the camera farther away from carpet.

No comments: