It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-12-06

Jihadi or patsy?

There is a guy who wanted to blow up some people at a tree lighting ceremony recently. He waited to be a jihadist. The FBI held his hand all through the operation. Apparently they were on the case from the start and let it run all the way through to the end where he was arrested after attempting to trigger a fake explosive. What is entrapment?

The show I was listening to was a podcast from NPR from last week. I can't say I learned very much from the commentator. She didn't have any facts that I hadn't already heard. They had some callers who had something to say. Several law enforcement called in to the show. They seemed to have conflicting views on the mentality of ends justify the means. Every one was intense about their point of view, but those points of view all conflicted.

What do I know about cops? I watch TV. I know what really happens is not much like TV. I have a couple friends who are cops, but I am not on the inside of their world.

What is my opinion about hand holding this guy through an operation to bust him? I love it. Nail the bastards. I'm for relaxing the entrapment rules in order to nail people who want to be mass murders.

No comments: