It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-18

Notes:

Science Friday had a quantum physicist on. He misspoke. He said something about Schroedinger's cat that just made me sigh. Surely, he was just nerves being on the radio and all. He said (paraphrasing) We are celebrating the 75th anniversary of this example of a cat that is half dead and half alive at the same time. This is miles off. The cat is both 100% alive and 100% dead at the same time. You don't know which until you observe the cat. Oh, there is more to quantum than entanglement.

Why does having to reboot my phone almost every day make me worry for the future of mankind?

Skipped a free lunch at work today. I ate my weight in leftovers.

The Beatles are finally on iTunes. I've never used iTunes. I like The Beatles, but I'm not nuts over them. Man, some folks are absolutely bat shot over the group. Someone mentioned Metalica as still not putting their catalog on the service. I have no idea.

YouTube has been having partner meetings all over the world. No video allowed. I'm not kidding. A partner is someone who applied for and got an extended account that allows things like revenue sharing (ads) and longer time limits. I am not yet a partner. You have to have 100 subscribers or 100,000 views or something like that. The targets keep moving. I have seventeen subscribers and two of those are Nat.

They had dressed up iPads on Chuck (TV show) last night. It makes me sick. They didn't even try to make them look like anything else. There is nothing wrong with the iPad except the people who are obsessed with them. They are just another tool in the box. They are not the lynch pin

One of the podcasts I listen had a special "What is on sail for Black Friday?" I stopped it and removed it. I'll catch them again next week. I'm just not interested on what is on sale for that busiest sales day of the year.

Kids really do get more tired walking around. It boils down to longer legs. That is it. Apparently, kids use the same, relative, amount of energy per stride. The shorter the legs, the more energy used to cover the same amount of ground. In the future, you may enter your inseam along side your weight on exorcise equipment. (The Naked Scientist)

No comments: