It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-25

Lousy Book

The Girl Who Played With Fire was not a good book. I read the first book The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It was interesting. Honestly, I'm not sure why I went from one book to the second. There is a third book that I refuse to follow. I'm done with the series.

Spoiler Alert!!!!

The second book in the series is all about getting racked over the coals in the media and the poor treatment of sex workers. It is ultimately about a frigging reporter. I'm sick to death of stories about lawyers and reporters. The next genera that gets me down is cops. I don't dislike any of these people, it is just the stories have been done to death. This one is the whole wrongly accused - your father is the bad guy - your friends will avenge your death kind of crap.

The instant they killed the only character I liked, I simply stopped reading the book. A couple pages later I realized there were no loose ends left that I cared about knowing. I have no intention of finishing it. The story as far as I care is over. There is some hint of a sister coming on the scene. I am just not interested any more.

In case you couldn't tell by the links above, both books have been made in to movies. There are U. S. trailers. The books have a feel like they were written with a movie in mind. Not sure how to elaborate on that point.

No comments: