It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-16

HEB

Last night we went in to HEB for some groceries. Why else does one go to HEB? A couple things happened. Elle danced for no good reason. She had a bunch of energy and was just board and happy. Apparently a board and happy seven year old dances. Awesome.

She and I also had a quick discussion about surveillance cameras. She correctly identified the pods hanging down from the roof as speakers. I suspect they are also cameras and if not, the cameras are simply elsewhere.

The place was a madhouse. Every second person was on their phone. I was standing there tapping away on Twitter and what-not. Nat was looking up recipes for gluten free pie crusts. I asked Elle where her phone was. She said "At home." She said she wanted to ride in the cart. Nat and I as one said no, that she was too old. She was disappointed. I said "You didn't know the last time was the last time did you?" I thought how rude that was of me this morning.

I failed to take in my frigging video camera. Come on Kelly. I thought about it and said heck with it. I thought it would be too much of a distraction. Distraction from what Kelly?

We got out of the place for less than $60. I'm impressed. We got some real food and some gluten free stuff and some little wheel of cheese that a nine foot tall women had free samples of. I do not particularly endorse HEB. Been shopping there for years and had few troubles.

No comments: