It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-02

Dell Support

The tech who helped me at Dell today had my same last name. That kind of makes me wonder if we were on the same mystical frequency or something.

I was all ready to fight tooth and nail. I had a computer I had gone round and round with. The drive stopped working. I tried a different drive. I tried different connectors and BIOS settings to match. I tried new cables. The CD drive was not even working. The drive that was in that box booted on a different computer. The computer will boot off a USB connected drive including CD or thumb drive.

The tech asked me what I had tried and said "It sounds like the SATA connections on the motherboard are fried." The sky cleared and the sun shone through. The angels sang and birds circled in that happy Disney kind of way. For the first time in a while I just felt felt good about having talked to a support person. Not shabby.

This is the exception. Do you know how many times I've had to fight the person on the other end? Just recently I had to call the AT&T people to get my password reset. It took three people to get the idea across that they could not take control of my desktop because their desktop software is not Linux compatible. That is not my fault. All I needed was my frigging password reset on the ADSL.

It can happen.

No comments: