It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-11-20

Adblock

For the last several months, I have not been using a plugin called Adblock. All it does is drop connections made to off site URLs. That is, it cuts ads off at the download phase. I hadn't bothered with it because I believe the internet should be ad driven. I prefer that to being charged for every dammed click.

Well, I did install the plugin and switch it on. I did this for one purpose. So I could see the whole video on many YouTube videos.

There was an ad box on the YouTube play screen that was periodically over writing much of the video screen. After installing Adblock, no more troubles. I did notice a side affect that I had forgotten about. Pages load much faster when you kill the ads. You computer does not sit there and chugg like mad either. The internet is a better experience without the ads. This is not how it should work.

This kind of response makes me wonder if the people who make the ads and design the web pages normally surf the net with some kind of ad block software on their computers. Surely if they played with the web pages they design on a regular day to day basis and noticed what kind of crap was out there, they would fix it.

No comments: