It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-14

Notes:

One of the bad things about riding the bus is the smell. There is not one smell. There are many. The other day, there was a guy who stunk of cigarettes so bad it curled thee hairs in your nose. Some days it is kids who have messed themselves. People have any number of smells on hot days. This morning it was a woman waring some kind of perfume that reeked of vanilla and formaldehyde. It made me dizzy.

It seems like half the folks in our company have a KVM. In many cases, me included, if you have a Windows computer reboot while not aimed at the monitor on the KVM, the default resolution will through the monitor out of sync when you try to switch to that computer. This means you get a blank monitor. There is nothing wrong except a temporary incompatibility between the settings on the computer (video) and the capabilities of the monitor to auto-sync to those settings. Is there a $20 KVM out there that will fix this problem and use DVI and USB? No. There is not.

Did you know the new Microsoft phone OS is out? I missed it too. Yawn.

It needs to be as much or more work to make a living by not working than just working.

For some reason, I'm trying to use OpenOffice web editor again for writing the text for this blog. I keep coming back to OpenOffice. Not sure why. The editor is at best mediocre. Embedded objects don't work. The formatting of paragraphs translates funny. There are all kinds of issues. I have noticed though, that I type in much more text when I use a WYSIWYG editor. I'll just have to keep playing with it. All the other editors on Linux seem to suck worse. I think what did it this time was wanting to put together a table with some simple formatting.

Today was the last day for one of the guys at work. He was one of the people I liked and respected. No offense to any one who has left who I didn't say that about, but here it is. He had an official lunch yesterday. I missed this because the email made it to me as gibberish. He had another unofficial lunch today at a restaurant I like. I missed it because they left ten minutes before lunch time.

No comments: