It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-10-27

Camera

I watch a vlog from a guy named Charles Trippy. Yup, that is his real name. His finance's name is Ally Speed. They get stopped at airports quite a bit. I know a lot more about these folks that I have a right.

They love their dogs. This is the real reason most people watch the vlog at all.

Charles recently had a run in with someone at a coffee shop. That is they ran in to him. He had to deal with their insurance company called USAA. He was not pleased with USAA, but this is kind of a good thing for USAA because I want my insurance company to be a dick to the people who are thinking of suing me. Anyway, he got the car fixed.

When Ally graduates with some kind of language degree next Summer, they will most likely move to Los Angeles because that is where the money for their chosen path is.

Charles has a communications degree. I have to say, he is using it to its fullest with his vlog. I'd higher him.

Charles recently launched a rocket with a key chain camera attached. Pretty cool footage. He then proceeds to attach his vlog camera, a Canon Elf like mine, to a remote control truck and drive around. The camera bites the dust. He must have just wanted a new camera. That camera bit the dust.

He killed another camera in a water slide incident. He had just gotten through traveling to Jamaica exclusively to show off some brand of waterproof cameras.

The man has access to waterproof rugged cameras and insists on using these Canon Elf cameras for camera unfriendly tasks. I don't get it myself. More power to him. Maybe he has stock in Canon.

The most recent purchase that Charles talks about in his vlog is the Canon SD3500IS. It is much like my camera, the 940IS, but has a touch screen and some fancy crap. Charles seems taken with the wide angle lens. I have to say, that is great. The wider the better in my book when it comes to vlogging. The camera has several of the limitations as my camera.

Video Down Side on the Canon SD 3500 IS

  • Still has the 10 minute limit.
  • Still only does mono sound.
  • You still have to stop recording video to use the optical zoom.
  • You still have to stop recording video to switch to or from macro.

Definitely not the camera that I'm impressed with. I'm looking at other models.

Remember the death of Charles' last couple cameras? They had some form of watery death. Well, day one, Charles nearly dose in his new camera by vlogging in the rain. Charles, ... come on. You must have kept one of those weatherproof cameras. Keep it in the car or something.

No comments: