It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-09-09

One Small Step for Google

I only have one problem with Google's new instant search clap-trap. They are doing it to make it easier to get to the most likely site on mobile devices and devices with shitty keyboards like the iPad. That's great. I don't care except for one thing. The standard Google front page is still there. The text entry point is in the middle of the page more or less. The instant you hit a character the text field jumps to the top of the page. this is fine for people sitting back from the page because it is just a minor movement of the eyeball. For me, I have to sit up straighter and move my entire upper body in order to readjust my view and chaise down the new place where what I am typing is showing up on the screen.

It kind of makes me sick that people at the press conference applauded when this was shown off. It is a necessary predictable step for Google. This is not a leap forward. This is just the next thing. Were the people who applauded paid to be there? Was anyone really impressed? Is this all it takes?

Ping and Yahoo cannot be far behind.

No comments: