It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-09-14

Football

I'm not a big football fan. Neither is my family. Here is some proof.

Yesterday, we went over to my parent's place to eat some grilled beast. At one point a couple showed up to look at the house. My parent's are thinking of moving out to some land. Sort of a dream of a life time. Not a good time to get in the moving mood really. You can sell a house now, but at a loss. You can buy a house now, but only if you get rid of your old house first. This is the dilemma my parents keep running in to. It is no wonder people keep screaming for first time buyers. They don't have an existing home to dump.

As much as the folks wanted to come over and look at the house, they waited until the game was over. "The game." What game. There was a football game yesterday? I had to ask someone this morning what game it was. Texans vs The Colts. The Texan not only won, but showed some spine. Nice. That is how much I like football. It is about time our local team became a contender. At some point the young woman, probably younger than me, said "Good game today!" I nodded and agreed politely.

The day was great. We really enjoyed ourselves. We lounged around and watched The Lord of the Rings movies on some HD cable channel. We ate apple pie with cool whip, ice cream drumsticks, oh, and stakes and sausage for the main course. An all American afternoon even without football.

No comments: