It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-09-23

The dead drive

Did something for the first time today. I had to replace the drive on a live database today. First you make a backup of the database. Then you replace the drive. Then you add it to the RAID array. then you hope everything syncs properly.

In the morning, I was so stressed out over this that I had a hard time concentrating on much of anything else. It took up most of my day to be hones.t This sucks, but cause I have a ton of work to do. It isn't like this is all I have on my plate. I got other stuff done, but I was distracted.

Fifteen minutes before I was supposed to pull the trigger on this, I got called in to do a bunch of Exchange server stuff. It never fails. I'm sitting there sweating this new thing that I'm probably bad at and I have to wait 45 minutes hearing about people's mailboxes and size limits and such. Yes, that stuff is important, but Jesus! I got this scary thing to do.

This means, my window closed. I only got the DB backed up. Now I have to go over it again tomorrow. More sweating bullets.

No comments: