It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-09-29

Bus conversation

On the way in this morning on the bus, these two men in front of me had a conversation. They talked about their travels, family, careers and the weather.

One man had lived in Houston most of his life. He was a bit older. He was riding the bus from the highway 6 area. His wife dropped him off. He road all the way down town. He had to be at work at 09:00.

The other guy was younger. He had just gotten out of a school for radio production. He was originally from some place in Michigan. He attended some classes there and some here. He got off at the same stop I get off at. This is his first job out of school. He had to be there by 08:00.

I did not contribute to the conversation. I read Dilbert and User Friendly and some news sites. It amazes me how much modern communication technology has closed us off from the people sitting next to us.

There have been people staging a conversation on the bus to hock Jesus. Fifteen people a day hold one side of a conversation through a mobile phone on the bus. Old Mexican women seem to be the last of a dying bread of people who will strike up a conversation on the bus with someone. There is a woman and a young man who talk about a class I've run in to a couple times in the evenings.

No comments: