It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-08-28

Mowing the yard

I mowed in the heat of the day again. I just can't bring myself to repeatedly mow in the early morning or late evening. I have in the past.

This Saturday, I get up late in the morning and fix some coffee. Nat made some sandwiches. By the time I got motivated to do anything it was 14:00. The hottest part of the day. YES! Perfect time to mow the yard. You should see the faces on some people as they drive by. I cannot, but I can imagine.

I had weed-whacked the front earlier in the week after coming home from work late. That amazes me. The yard was looking scraggly. It needed a bunch of attention. The yard still doesn not look very good. I need to find someone who can do the beds.

My dad says we can tear out the old plants. Lay down some felt stuff. Put in some wood chips and not have to worry about half the weeds from then on. As it stands, the weeds have taken over the front of the house. Something must be done. I have no money to do anything nice. I need to find a place that gives plants and trimmings away for free. Then I need to find someone who simply loves to do this kind of thing because I'm lazy and I just have no love for it.

Perhaps a rock garden. I can salt the earth so nothing will grow and put in something that never needs maintenance.

No comments: