It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-07-10

Plotting at work

A couple people at work had to put together a huge chart for a presentation. We have a plotter, but the orders were not to use it yet because this was basically a rough draft. Makes sense until you watch three people try to stitch forty pages together for half an hour before the meeting, per print. I wander if the time saved would have excused the plotter expendables.

This is added to the time it took to hunt down a piece of software for the job. I suggested rasterbator for cutting up the pages better than the default printing tried to do. I believe they went with an open source package called Poster Razor, which appears to have a Linux version by the way. it is too difficult overcoming the name of that first one. I have to admit that I remembered it even though I have never used it and it has been years since it has so much as crossed my mind.

The end result looked pretty good if you ask me. The plot would have looked much better and would most likely not have taken three people three hours to compile over all. Having the right tool for the job is a must. Wish I could put up a picture.

No comments: