It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-07-23

Notes:

Setup a backup server today. Well, mostly. It took me nearly an hour to figure out I needed to copy a license number from the old box to the new one. <sigh>. That is the way this whole IT job is going. Try it, fuck it up, un-fuck it. try something else. That is my job.

Windows just does not play nice with installing itself along side Linux. Even the new server software has issues just shutting up and playing nice with others.

I spent most of my work day trying to identify the cost of a discontinued system from Dell. I'm not going to get in to why. This is one of the paperwork issues in my new job that I frigging hate. Must be done. Must be done. Do it Kelly. Get it done. Someone motivate me for God's sake!

I ran around the office this morning taking pictures of the office name plates all across the company. I did this so I could put them on my computer and compare them to the database. The DB had gotten out of sync quite badly. It needed the attention.

I ruined a spiral notebook today. I kept a pen shoved in the spirals. I dropped the notebook and grabbed wildly as it fell. One of the metal wire spirals caught the pen. That spiral was pulled in a huge loop. The notebook is full of important data, so I had to cut the spirals off so I could get to the old pages. I folded the spent wire under the other spirals to keep it out of trouble. Then, I started a new notebook even though this one was only 70% done.

Went and saw Sorcerer's Apprentice. ... Lame.

No comments: