It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-05-03

Monday Morning Heat

It was a cool calm blue sky walk in this morning. I even noticed a hot air balloon in the sky right as I got to the bus stop. I'd say it was pleasant. Then I got to work. The AC was off and it was like a sauna. It felt strange because it is normally a deep freeze.

Well, the AC was chugging, but the chiller was on half duty because the water got worked on over the weekend. Thankfully, we didn't have to work through that. No water and no AC makes Kelly a grumpy old fart. At least at work.

I did get to shut down an entire lab of computers. It was more annoying than it sounds. I hit my head. There is more than hitting a couple buttons. We had to pull the plug on one box full of hard drives. I'm not sure if I've ever witnessed any one using that box, ever. I ran through the other boxes trying to shut them down as painfully as possible.

Turning things on was not nearly as much of a pain. I figure I'll sweep the lab for machines that are still turned off at the end of the week and make note for retasking, removal or recycling. When you are handed lemons, make lemon aid.

It amazes me how much work got done without the lab boxes. Scary.

No comments: