It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-05-31

Day

All day at work felt like we were the Omega employees. We were the only company open in the building that I noticed. At least the AC was switched on. Traffic was very light in the area. We don't get Memorial day off and our boss is an ex marine. It is strange.

Nat wanted to go to breakfast this morning. We tried to hit Denny's because it is on the way, but no one came out to meet us. The door was unlocked. We ended up at I-Hop. Good breakfast. Great service.

it was beautiful weather in the morning. The lady at I-Hop asked us if we were headed to the beach. Would have been nice, but no. I too have to work. the waitress was on until 15:00. That question made me wander about the beach the rest of the day. I have been to Galveston. I do not like swimming in a 24/7/365 oil slick. Still, it sounded better than work.

A friend of mine is a cop and gets holiday pay for days like today. That is not a bad idea at all.

By 09:30 at work we had 31 out of 89 people are absent from work. Two of those will probably come in later in the day. That is a lot for this company. This tells me that many of those folks are taking the day off as vacation. People have spouses and family with the day off. I bet if I ran down the list most of the people gone have kids.

No comments: